Where you have been registered to ISO 14000, or beginning to work on your environmental management system, this is a course that you will need. It will ensure your continuing success with your environmental management system as you start thinking about the ISO 14001.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This course is designed for anyone responsible for leading the audit, satisfying the training requirements for becoming a certified Lead Auditor, or anyone interested in being educated with the most comprehensive course on ISO 14001 auditing technique.
Before starting this course, you are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Knowledge of the following environmental management principles and concepts:
- The concept of environmental sustainable development whereby an organisation must ensure that actions of today do not degrade the environment of the future.
- The purpose of an initial review as the basis for establishing an environmental management system where none currently exists.
- Evaluation of activities, products and services in order to establish the environmental aspects associated with normal operating conditions, abnormal conditions such as start up and shutdown and emergency situations and accidents.
- Considerations of environmental aspects with respect to
- Emission to air, release to water and release to land
- Use of raw materials, natural resources and energy
- Energy emitted and lost e.g. heat, radiation, vibration, steam, and compressed air.
- Public nuisance such as light pollution, noise, and odour
- Environmental legislation and how legal compliance forms part of an environmental management system.
- Typical methods for evaluation of the significant impacts of the environmental aspects identified and how their ranking influences operational control and priorities for improvement.
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001, which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified EMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
HOW YOU WILL BENEFIT:
By the end of this course, the participants will be able to;
- Understand the ISO 14001 standard and how to apply
- Understand key environmental issues
- Plan an audit against a set of audit criteria
- Get knowledge and skills of environmental management systems auditing
- Create and communicate clear, concise and relevant audit reports
- Successful completion of this course satisfies the training requirements necessary for registration of individual auditors under IRCA